- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- 375 milliliters reposado tequila (or approximately half of a 750ml bottle)
- Wash and stem the strawberries and cut them in half (or in quarters if your berries are large).
- Place the cut berries in a quart-size jar, adding until the jar is about three-quarters full.
- Add tequila until the berries are completely covered.
- Store the jar in a cool place and let the mixture soak for 3 weeks, agitating the jar every day or so.
- After three weeks, taste the mixture; let soak for a few days more if necessary.
- Strain through cheesecloth, lightly pressing the berry pulp to extract the last drops of infused tequila.
- Keep refrigerated, and use within a couple of weeks.
- You can simply sip Tequila por mi Amante on its own, or use it in tequila-based drinks.