- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups watermelon, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups vodka
- 2 ounces melon liqueur, optional
- 8 lemon twists, for garnish
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Let cool.
- In a food processor, puree the watermelon flesh.
- Add a little of the sugar syrup to sweeten, to taste. Pour the pureed watermelon into 2 empty ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- In a blender combine the frozen watermelon cubes, more simple syrup, to taste, lemon juice and vodka, melon liqueur and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 8 frozen martini glasses and garnish with a lemon twist.